BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,820
Posts392,266
Members2,611
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Boys 2034 Grads - Mid-Atlantic Region
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This is to talk about 2034 grads playing in the HoCo league, Tourneys, and school teams

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2034 Grads - Mid-Atlantic Region
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
2024 Hoco League Lineup

2034s

Annapolis Hawks
Bethesda Blue
Blue Heron
Clippers Blue
Crabs
Madlax Capital
Next Level
True Baltimore
True Chesapeake

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Posting in the young groups: At the youngest of ages in Hoco in 2024, which teams are drawing the most talent? What is talent? Stickwork, running, size, aggression, Lax IQ? At this, big boys sometimes just run through the D and team matters less. Good teams force the passing over goals and it eventually pays off when they get older as boys can sling the ball around and score as a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Travellinglaxer
Posting in the young groups: At the youngest of ages in Hoco in 2024, which teams are drawing the most talent? What is talent? Stickwork, running, size, aggression, Lax IQ? At this, big boys sometimes just run through the D and team matters less. Good teams force the passing over goals and it eventually pays off when they get older as boys can sling the ball around and score as a team.

Here's my indirect answers:
1) The best 10year olds are the fastest kids (which at this age could just be stride length/height) who are coordinated enough to catch on the move. Hawks, for example, puts enormous value on getting the fastest kids, and knowing they can train them to be competent lax players. Crabs tend to focus on the tallest kids. Different take on the same model.

2) The kids viewed as "elite" in 8th grade are an unknown/unpredictable group of AA, AAA and elite 4th graders who hit puberty first. By 11th grade, the deck has been totally reshuffled again. Very few "standout" 4th graders will be standout 11th graders. And of course about 70% of kids who play sports in 4th grade, no longer even play (any) sports by the end of 9th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Travellinglaxer

Here's my indirect answers:
1) The best 10year olds are the fastest kids (which at this age could just be stride length/height) who are coordinated enough to catch on the move. Hawks, for example, puts enormous value on getting the fastest kids, and knowing they can train them to be competent lax players. Crabs tend to focus on the tallest kids. Different take on the same model.

2) The kids viewed as "elite" in 8th grade are an unknown/unpredictable group of AA, AAA and elite 4th graders who hit puberty first. By 11th grade, the deck has been totally reshuffled again. Very few "standout" 4th graders will be standout 11th graders. And of course about 70% of kids who play sports in 4th grade, no longer even play (any) sports by the end of 9th grade.
HoCo Championship game being replayed because Madlax used an ineligible player. Never too young for Cabell to start his cheating ways!! 15 years and counting….

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, the child has a qualifying disability under ADA and HOCO, governed by Howard County Parks and Rec, a government agency, refuses accommodations for children with disabilities. The parents had no choice but to choose between not breaking their kids heart and placing them with their graduating class or pulling them off their team. It should be noted the USA Lacrosse guidelines are simply guidelines and accommodations for children with disabilities should be met. It’s a county program. The kid is the smallest on the team and has qualifying disabilites. Shame on HOCO for denying accommodations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, the child has a qualifying disability under ADA and HOCO, governed by Howard County Parks and Rec, a government agency, refuses accommodations for children with disabilities. The parents had no choice but to choose between not breaking their kids heart and placing them with their graduating class or pulling them off their team. It should be noted the USA Lacrosse guidelines are simply guidelines and accommodations for children with disabilities should be met. It’s a county program. The kid is the smallest on the team and has qualifying disabilites. Shame on HOCO for denying accommodations.

Have no clue about this situation, but does sound like the one off where you let an older player play down. Of course on cue, many moany holdback parents will want the same thing for junior without any issue except he cant compete against players his own age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah as a coach, I'm calling BS on this, even though it's always fun to drag ineffective government. It's a county program, yes, and it also happens to be the far-and-way best boys lacrosse league in the entire United States, and Howard County Parks is a nationally recognized agency for the quality and quantity of public access (and ADA inclusive) work they do. I am 100% confident in the 10+ years of the league, they have made, and continue to make, ADA accommodations. As they should!

But an "ADA accommodation" is not "BOOM here's a crisis happening in real time, you must be fair, make the right decision right now!" It's a well-papered process where nobody is entitled to immediate relief, and I think you know that, and it seems like you don't want others to know that. So let's retrace steps.

90% of the problem: Your son's club submitted a roster to HoCo about 5 months ago. Clearly the club understands what the situation with this player is, and had a major responsibility, before the league play began TWO MONTHS AGO to work with HoCo to make proper accommodations. This would have resulted in a paper trail that would have avoided the crisis situation at the championship game. However your son's club did not do this, otherwise a different outcome would have occurred.

Very much trying to be kind to the parents here - it is obvious that the letter of the regulations (the adoption of USL age standards makes it a league rule, not a recommendation), their son was ineligible. Either they assumed that someone else would rectify this with the league (which, I doubt any parent of a differently abled kid is that naive), or someone at their son's club assured them it would be handled....and I'm telling you, clearly it was not handled. Those people who billed you $3K are who you should be upset with here.

I'm 99.9% sure that if the lax club, or this player's parents had gotten on the horn with Ricky DuBois in February, this crisis would have never happened. And if the parents didn't know the name "Ricky DuBois" or his job title, before championship weekend this spring, there's a bunch of balls that got dropped. Seriously how do you end up on championship day with a clearly (by the letter of the rules) ineligible player, and nobody has any kind of paperwork or PDF on their phone verifying it was handled with HoCo, and the age requirement was waived for this extremely valid case? Seriously how did the adults in charge of this young man's sports play let that happen.

Please understand: To parents who have been around club sports awhile, while this sounds like a very legit situation, it sounds like so many other very non-legit situations of roster violations.

if you spend some time in the 2026-2029 message threads on BOTC, you will see example after example of DMV's slimiest and creepiest club coaches "accidentally" getting busted for showing up with as many as 9 ineligible players at a Hoco game, and as many as 5 at a Hoco playoff game, and what is their sob story in 100% of cases?

We tried to call HoCo, shucks, there is no record of those calls on our phones.
They didn't accommodate us and it was unfair.
We are sure we submitted some paperwork but no we don't have a sent email, a PDF, or a print out of it to show anybody. Is that OK?
We emailed HoCo but I must have deleted my sent files.
HoCo says they never talked to us but just because there's no written or digital evidence, they are lying and unfair.
They left us no choice.
The boys are heartbroken (they love this one the most, like, the local NXT B-team players heart broken because they couldn't ride the bench so 6 players flown in from Texas this morning could play, who nobody even tried to get placed on the roster).

And the other classic..........Shame on Hoco for not following their own rules.

How many years do we have to hear the same nonsense from the same coaches and club directors. And yes even in this case, it's one of the perennial "misunderstood" violators of Hoco club roster rules, so excuse the cynicism of others on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a paper trail and HOCO (Ricky Dubois) denied accommodations to numerous parents before the start of the season. Not just one. Those parents are talking. In this case the parent had to choose between the kids safety and HOCO. Again the kid was the smallest kid out there. An opposing parent went through the roster and then searched each parents social media for birthday posts and sent the kids birthday pictures to the league. Talk about psychotic. We are talking about second graders with disabilities being denied accommodations. This isn’t a high school basketball team, with rigged birth certificates. A counties lacrosse league rules do not rise above ADA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound angry and biased. You’re taking this youth league way too seriously. We are talking about 8-9 year old children one WITH A QUALIFYING DISABILITY. You’re losing sight of the purpose of youth sports. It’s not your game old man. It’s the children’s.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone define what a “qualifying disability” is? Is that a general ADA term? Is it something that shows up in HoCo’s age rules and roster regulations? If the former, is the argument that because he has a disability that’s recognized by the ADA then Madlax should automatically be exempt from the rules when it comes to his age and roster spot?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound angry and biased. You’re taking this youth league way too seriously. We are talking about 8-9 year old children one WITH A QUALIFYING DISABILITY. You’re losing sight of the purpose of youth sports. It’s not your game old man. It’s the children’s.

I guess I didn't expect "I'M NOT ANGRY!!!! YOU'RE ANGRY!!!!!!" as a retort, but here we are.

You're directly accusing a government agency of a substantive violation of federal law, and suggesting there are additional "bad acts" to support a larger class action lawsuit. I'm not arguing any of that is untrue. But, Some follow up thoughts:

1) If it were my family, I'd have already retained counsel. I assume you have (otherwise it's....maybe...perhaps...the tiniest bit overblown).
2) If I had hired counsel (as most of us have), I am confident that in our debrief, some standard instructions from counsel to client would include "please use discretion in your use of social media." These are not posts "of discretion" which again makes me question how much of this is anger vs how much of it is attempting some type of curative response from HoCo.
3) Based on these posts which 100% have already been screen-shotted by Senor Ricky, you'd better hope that the County wants to settle, or that you can obtain a verdict on their liability. Otherwise, I am sure those government lawyers will just drag you through court and court expenses for years to come based on the claims in these posts.

Aside from the legal peril you seem to have launched yourself into with these posts, let me offer some fatherly advice, and it's OK if you don't want it, or you think I'm "angry" or an "old man" lololololol.........................Club sports are a money generator, that is their primary purpose...you will not ever see a club team that takes a financial loss in more than 1 consecutive year. If you believe the sales pitches of the clubs, that's on you. In our region there are nearly limitless opportunities to play lacrosse at some level from age 6 to age 76. It's a beautiful thing that even "angry old guys" like me can play the game. It could easily be your son in Mens League one day. Why not?

However..........every year, hundreds of boys in our area are told in coaches' offices that due to something beyond their control (particularly, delayed onset of puberty, height, and speed/ natural muscle development), they will not be allowed to continue playing "with their friends." That's just a thing that many of us have had to walk our kids through. "My friends made it on that team but I got cut, they said they were looking for bigger players at my position." It's just a thing, man, and obviously you have a whole lot of chaos going on, but you'll have to add this reality to the list as well. Definitely sorry if this is the first place you've heard it.

Good luck litigating against Howard County Parks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This reads like an intimidation post. Wonder why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess I didn't expect "I'M NOT ANGRY!!!! YOU'RE ANGRY!!!!!!" as a retort, but here we are.

You're directly accusing a government agency of a substantive violation of federal law, and suggesting there are additional "bad acts" to support a larger class action lawsuit. I'm not arguing any of that is untrue. But, Some follow up thoughts:

1) If it were my family, I'd have already retained counsel. I assume you have (otherwise it's....maybe...perhaps...the tiniest bit overblown).
2) If I had hired counsel (as most of us have), I am confident that in our debrief, some standard instructions from counsel to client would include "please use discretion in your use of social media." These are not posts "of discretion" which again makes me question how much of this is anger vs how much of it is attempting some type of curative response from HoCo.
3) Based on these posts which 100% have already been screen-shotted by Senor Ricky, you'd better hope that the County wants to settle, or that you can obtain a verdict on their liability. Otherwise, I am sure those government lawyers will just drag you through court and court expenses for years to come based on the claims in these posts.

Aside from the legal peril you seem to have launched yourself into with these posts, let me offer some fatherly advice, and it's OK if you don't want it, or you think I'm "angry" or an "old man" lololololol.........................Club sports are a money generator, that is their primary purpose...you will not ever see a club team that takes a financial loss in more than 1 consecutive year. If you believe the sales pitches of the clubs, that's on you. In our region there are nearly limitless opportunities to play lacrosse at some level from age 6 to age 76. It's a beautiful thing that even "angry old guys" like me can play the game. It could easily be your son in Mens League one day. Why not?

However..........every year, hundreds of boys in our area are told in coaches' offices that due to something beyond their control (particularly, delayed onset of puberty, height, and speed/ natural muscle development), they will not be allowed to continue playing "with their friends." That's just a thing that many of us have had to walk our kids through. "My friends made it on that team but I got cut, they said they were looking for bigger players at my position." It's just a thing, man, and obviously you have a whole lot of chaos going on, but you'll have to add this reality to the list as well. Definitely sorry if this is the first place you've heard it.

Good luck litigating against Howard County Parks.
Folks, this is a complete spin job by Madlax and their director/cosches. They cheated and got caught. Period. They encouraged the parents (along with others) to doctor birth certificates. Why would anyone be surprised by this coming from Madlax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This reads like an intimidation post. Wonder why?

If you define "intimidation" as:
1) friendly advice that nobody should accuse government agencies and their employees of crimes on social media, because that's adult courtroom stuff;

2) friendly advice that for-profit lacrosse clubs (ML ***chief among them****) are not a family friend or social support network, they are a service you purchase 1-year contracts from;

3) friendly advice, and empathy, that the DMV upper echelon lacrosse world is full of inequities based on how young men are genetically put together (height, stride length, age of puberty, sight ability and hand-eye coordination being the biggest ones), and as a parent of a 2034 you have that entire minefield ahead of you, with or without an ADA diagnosis;

Yes if you qualify any of those as intimidation, then you are probably a very soft person having a tough time in a very hard world, one that I guarantee you is only going to grow more tough and chaotic in the coming 10-20 years. I'm talking world economic patterns, not even domestic politics.

It really stinks that competitive sports opportunities are not fair. But they are not. Ask the 6'4" LSM from Boys Latin, who started playing for Kelly Post at age 5, and who was "urged" by BL coaches to focus on his other sports, rather than ride the bench on Varsity Lax or even possibly be cut. Oh yeah...... his name was Michael Phelps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone define what a “qualifying disability” is? Is that a general ADA term? Is it something that shows up in HoCo’s age rules and roster regulations? If the former, is the argument that because he has a disability that’s recognized by the ADA then Madlax should automatically be exempt from the rules when it comes to his age and roster spot?

Copied below, from ada.gov. #1 it's important to note that there is a formal process for requesting accommodations. Accusing (and naming) government employees of flagrantly violating that process is a big deal, as it would be a federal crime if true and provable. If not true and provable, yeah some would say you've created some liability for defamation. I am still unconvinced that this process was followed in this case, but honestly, I have no detailed info to know. I do know that Ricky DB is a relatively honest guy, but I also know that my son's team asked for accommodations (rescheduled playoff game) one year, as half of the team was in standardized testing on a playoff date, and Ricky denied the accommodation. Which was the end of our (undefeated) season and I definitely did not appreciate it. But it wasn't like he was some kind of evil wizard up in a castle trying to ruin the boys' lives.

#2 There is a relatively recent and growing trend of parents showing up to schools, sports teams, playgrounds, etc and demanding *full* accommodations out of the blue, without following any kind of process. Not speculating that this is the case here, but rest assured the Hoco Rec and Parks deals with this trend on a weekly basis. Which probably makes their approach to parents pretty gruff/cynical. And in this case, yeah, maybe they made an awful call.

#3 if you take a look at the ADA list below, you see why a league *might* be skeptical, and I understand how that would feel cruel to the parents of the kid involved. The older HoCo age groups have been plagued with single and double holdbacks for a decade. There were 16 year old 8th graders playing this spring. And guess what, most of them have a "qualifying diagnosis" as listed below (ADHD or autism-spectrum...intellectual disability), and I'm sure HoCo has been through this before, with both very valid and very not valid cases.

Copied, without edit:

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defines a disability as a physical or mental impairment that significantly limits one or more major life activities. The ADA covers many disabilities, including:
Cancer
Diabetes
Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
HIV
Autism
Cerebral palsy
Deafness or hearing loss
Blindness or low vision
Epilepsy
Mobility disabilities, such as those requiring a wheelchair, walker, or cane
Intellectual disabilities
Major depressive disorder
Traumatic brain injury

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a paper trail and HOCO (Ricky Dubois) denied accommodations to numerous parents before the start of the season. Not just one. Those parents are talking. In this case the parent had to choose between the kids safety and HOCO. Again the kid was the smallest kid out there. An opposing parent went through the roster and then searched each parents social media for birthday posts and sent the kids birthday pictures to the league. Talk about psychotic. We are talking about second graders with disabilities being denied accommodations. This isn’t a high school basketball team, with rigged birth certificates. A counties lacrosse league rules do not rise above ADA.

Woah. So the story as you tell it is:

1) you requested a roster waiver - via ADA - to place your 2033 son on a 2034 team, before the season.
2) It was denied by HCRP at the beginning of the season.
3) You played your kid on the 2034 team ANYWAY knowing that the request had been denied. Which means every game your son played, should be a forfeit by Madlax, even though that rule may be unfair.
4) You got caught breaking the rules, however unfair the rules are.
5) It's HCRP's fault that you broke HCRP's rules, because the rules are unfair.

I'd follow the advice others have given (go dark on social and file your lawsuit), but I do have one other question:

Who told you to take this course of action, specifically Step #3? Did someone at Madlax tell you it would be OK, despite the denial from the league? Or was it sua sponte on your part.

I also have an "ADA listed illness" (maybe 2 or 3, depending on where the needle lands) and MY advice would be, you and your son have more than enough battles ahead of you. Don't create ones that are unnecessary. And don't take aggressive advice from people who will not actually be there when the S hits the fan. I've known so many young professionals who have lost jobs this way - they take awful advice/mentoring from a senior manager, and when the situation explodes, the manager is allowed/forced to retire with pension, while all the (very confused due to unfairness) young people just get fired for their conduct.

Very low on the list of people I'd take aggressive advice from, are for-profit youth lacrosse club directors. For what that's worth. They are very confident gambling with other peoples' money. Rarely their own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Copied below, from ada.gov. #1 it's important to note that there is a formal process for requesting accommodations. Accusing (and naming) government employees of flagrantly violating that process is a big deal, as it would be a federal crime if true and provable. If not true and provable, yeah some would say you've created some liability for defamation. I am still unconvinced that this process was followed in this case, but honestly, I have no detailed info to know. I do know that Ricky DB is a relatively honest guy, but I also know that my son's team asked for accommodations (rescheduled playoff game) one year, as half of the team was in standardized testing on a playoff date, and Ricky denied the accommodation. Which was the end of our (undefeated) season and I definitely did not appreciate it. But it wasn't like he was some kind of evil wizard up in a castle trying to ruin the boys' lives.

#2 There is a relatively recent and growing trend of parents showing up to schools, sports teams, playgrounds, etc and demanding *full* accommodations out of the blue, without following any kind of process. Not speculating that this is the case here, but rest assured the Hoco Rec and Parks deals with this trend on a weekly basis. Which probably makes their approach to parents pretty gruff/cynical. And in this case, yeah, maybe they made an awful call.

#3 if you take a look at the ADA list below, you see why a league *might* be skeptical, and I understand how that would feel cruel to the parents of the kid involved. The older HoCo age groups have been plagued with single and double holdbacks for a decade. There were 16 year old 8th graders playing this spring. And guess what, most of them have a "qualifying diagnosis" as listed below (ADHD or autism-spectrum...intellectual disability), and I'm sure HoCo has been through this before, with both very valid and very not valid cases.

Copied, without edit:

The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defines a disability as a physical or mental impairment that significantly limits one or more major life activities. The ADA covers many disabilities, including:
Cancer
Diabetes
HIV
Autism
Cerebral palsy
Deafness or hearing loss
Blindness or low vision
Epilepsy
Traumatic brain injury

Would it be fair to ask if the child/parents had other options and could have played on a less competitive team in his own age group? I missed where it was explained why they wanted him playing with younger kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of the points above are accurate but I don’t think it even requires that much thought. How is a “reasonable accommodation” under law allowing an older kid to play against younger kids? Make sure you’re represented on a contingency fee basis. (The 2034 thread has already turned from a lacrosse to a law forum!) Please post the federal district court decision dismissing this claim with prejudice when it is published.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to the thread. here are my thoughts:

1. I have never heard of a player in any league allowed to play down in age because of ADHD. My son is a 2028 who has ADHD up the wazoo, who takes medication every day, and it never occurred to me that all these years he could have been an 2029.

2. if a player is playing down and has HoCo's permission to do so, there would be rock solid paperwork showing that it is approved, and the players' parents and coaches would carry it at all times and be ready to show it. without that, this is just another MadLax cheater.

3. I don't buy the part about "breaking the boys heart" by taking him off the team - this is second grade for Pete's sake; there are plenty of options for teams he could join without cheating.

4. whenever there is one illegal player on a roster, you can practically guarantee there are more.

5. the people who really get screwed are the other kids on the team, who had no idea that their little tiny teammate was too old for the team. imagine being the parents of those kids and explaining it to them.

THat's what you get for joining MadLax, the most corrupt program ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Copied, without edit:

Cancer
Diabetes
HIV
Autism
Cerebral palsy
Deafness or hearing loss
Blindness or low vision
Epilepsy
Traumatic brain injury

Would it be fair to ask if the child/parents had other options and could have played on a less competitive team in his own age group? I missed where it was explained why they wanted him playing with younger kids.

not trying to be dismissive of a potential real kid with needs but the reasoning given was the usual holdback stuff of "he just wants to play with his friends, dont break his heart."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) you requested a roster waiver - via ADA - to place your 2033 son on a 2034 team, before the season.
3) You played your kid on the 2034 team ANYWAY knowing that the request had been denied. Which means every game your son played, should be a forfeit by Madlax, even though that rule may be unfair.

I'd follow the advice others have given (go dark on social and file your lawsuit), but I do have one other question:

Who told you to take this course of action, specifically Step #3? Did someone at Madlax tell you it would be OK, despite the denial from the league? Or was it sua sponte on your part.

I also have an "ADA listed illness" (maybe 2 or 3, depending on where the needle lands) and MY advice would be, you and your son have more than enough battles ahead of you. Don't create ones that are unnecessary. And don't take aggressive advice from people who will not actually be there when the S hits the fan. I've known so many young professionals who have lost jobs this way - they take awful advice/mentoring from a senior manager, and when the situation explodes, the manager is allowed/forced to retire with pension, while all the (very confused due to unfairness) young people just get fired for their conduct.

Very low on the list of people I'd take aggressive advice from, are for-profit youth lacrosse club directors. For what that's worth. They are very confident gambling with other peoples' money. Rarely their own.

Sorry, there is no "accommodation" necessary to play professional lacrosse and none to play elite lacrosse while jeopardizing and hurting the game for other kids. If unable to find a B or A team properly on age, then discuss a REASONABLE accommodation, the actual wording.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, there is no "accommodation" necessary to play professional lacrosse and none to play elite lacrosse while jeopardizing and hurting the game for other kids. If unable to find a B or A team properly on age, then discuss a REASONABLE accommodation, the actual wording.

As others said this does not require much thought. If this is a real scenario and not a Red Maddux I mean Red Herring meant to distract from roster cheating that was exposed, you don't have to look much farther than the fact that the very same club has a 2033 B team that plays the lowest level club competition in that age group. Pretty likely that that's where this player should have been slotted by parents and club. It maybe indicates that the parent decision wasn't solely "play with friends vs. don't play with friends," it was - perhaps - also "but we want him to play on an elite team." Which as others have said, happens to be the same logic of every reclass/holdback parent.

Nobody has a divine right to enter club lacrosse in 2nd or 3rd grade. My older son (plays at an MIAA-A school) would have lost nothing by starting club ball in 5th instead of 3rd. And we would have saved $6K in club dues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bravo to that Mom. So many age cheaters in HOCO. People are tired of it. DMV is littered with them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much ado about nothing. Just another age-cheater who was caught, and now backpedaling.
I think the lawsuit that is most likely winnable here is the one of defamation of a gov't employee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much ado about nothing. Just another age-cheater who was caught, and now backpedaling.
I think the lawsuit that is most likely winnable here is the one of defamation of a gov't employee.

Yeah I thought that was quite bold (and the biggest tell that this was overblown). Between his employer and whatever employee union he's in, Ricky DB has free legal representation for as long as he wants 😆

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard